C.W. Ruckel Academy
Williamsburg, VA; Washington, DC & Gettysburg, PA 2022 Expedition
Custom Educational Program
Guaranteed Refund Program
5-Day Program: Washington, DC
November 11 (Thursday) – November 15 (Monday), 2021
Per person price based on occupancy:
$1,680 Student Quad
$1,945 Adult Double
$2,405 Adult Single
$100 deposit due upon registration
Remaining balance due in the following installments: 7/16/21; 8/20/21 and final payment due by 9/17/21. Contracted prices are based on group size of 35 or more paying participants per motor coach (55 passengers max.) If the final number of paying participants totals less than the published price, the itinerary will be renegotiated or trip costs increased accordingly.
Receipt of deposit and online registration will confirm space and contracted pricing listed here.
Guaranteed Refund Program
When registering for the trip, you have the opportunity to enroll in our Guaranteed Refund Program (GRP) by selecting the additional CFAR coverage at a nominal nonrefundable premium of $15 per traveler. Opting in is the best thing you can do to protect your investment.
The number one question families ask us these days is “How much refund will I receive if needing to cancel, and how can I be guaranteed the maximum refund?” In response, we created the Guaranteed Refund Program (GRP) so that you can remain confident that your investment is protected even if plans change.
For specific details on this program please visit our Guaranteed Refund Program page. If you want to see the estimated nonrefundable amounts based on your trip cost, refer to the C.W. Ruckel Academy GRP document.
– Relive the experience of America’s first permanent English colony at the Jamestown Settlement.
– Experience Colonial Williamsburg first-hand by meeting and talking with the shopkeepers, tradesmen, and everyday citizens; visit trade shops to watch the artisans as they create goods used and sold in the Revolutionary City.
– Explore the Nation’s Capital: stop to take a picture at the White House; pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery, and see the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Nourish your knowledge through the amazing exhibits of the Smithsonian Museums on the National Mall, with visits to the Natural History Museum, American History Museum, Air & Space Museum, the National Museum of African American History and Culture, and the Holocaust Memorial Museum; Marvel at D.C.’s must-see memorials: Lincoln, Jefferson, World War II, Martin Luther King Jr., and Iwo Jima to name a few.
– Visit Gettysburg Battlefield, the largest battle of the Civil War and the turning point during our Nation’s toughest trial while striving to live up to our founding ideals. …and more!
View and Download Your Itinerary
*Your itinerary will evolve as the trip nears and more appointments are confirmed. The actual order and flow of non-scheduled sites will likely be adapted before and even during your trip. The above link will always provide you with the latest version of the itinerary as it develops.
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
- Roundtrip airfare between departure airport (Destin-Ft.Walton) and destination cities (Richmond, VA & Washington, DC)
- Airline Baggage Fees (1 checked bag per person)
- Deluxe motor coach transportation with driver and all transfers
- Premium hotel accommodations
- Custom designed itinerary
- Entrance fees to all program sites and day/evening activities
- Full-time professional Academic Expeditions Tour Educator
- All supplemental guiding services
- All meals
- All taxes
- All gratuities (Tour Leader and Driver included, additional gratuity for exceptional service always appreciated)
- Private professional hotel night time security (2 nights)
- 24-hour emergency access number
- Personalized laser engraved luggage tags and name badges with lanyards
- Travel Protection Plan providing coverage for Cancellation, Interruption, Missed Connection, Travel Delay, Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, Evacuation, and Baggage Loss/Delay
- Option to add Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) coverage to your insurance plan and enroll in our Guaranteed Refund Program – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% of nonrefundable payments or deposits paid to Academic Expeditions, less any refunds provided
*For full details about the travel protection we offer, visit our Insurance page.
- Souvenirs 🙂
Bob Burnette, Program Director
Contact: Email Bob / c: +1 917.880.6461
Bob was born in Savannah, GA and raised in the mountains of Western NC. These areas are both steeped in tourism, so after graduating Mars Hill College with a BA in Business Administration, he became an employee of the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC working for a highly regarded institution in the travel industry. After meeting many colleagues there, he discovered ITMI in San Fransisco and completed training to become a certified guide and tour director. His first work as a professional guide landed him Washington, DC. For over 12 years, Bob has lead tours in the Washington DC area for students and adults. He is an avid lover of history and the Civil War era is his favorite part to speak and read about. In his spare time he enjoys playing guitar and seeing many concerts, traveling extensively (Iceland being his favorite so far), and eating good food wherever it may be. He and his wife Rachel have many adventures together traveling the globe when they can, and also enjoy being at home with their golden retriever Rory and their crazy tuxedo cat Frida.
Frequently Asked Questions
Because we care. It’s as simple as that. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and value is the heart of who we are and what we stand for. The level of personalized attention we provide for our groups sets us apart in this industry and is the number one reason why our schools return year after year. Read more on our Why Travel With Us page.
Safety is our highest priority. We work only with the highest quality vendors and will not run a trip if we feel the safety of our clients and guides is compromised. From full-time staff & logistical support, to 24-hr emergency phone access for all travelers, we’ve got you covered. Read more on our Standard Tour Features page.
We understand that circumstances can change. We always attempt to work with our clients individually and find the best solutions for each situation. All details regarding our cancellation terms or substitution are outlined in the Terms and Conditions when registering for your trip online.