Discovery Middle School
Washington, DC Expedition 2022
Custom Educational Program
Guaranteed Refund Program
4-Day Program: Washington, DC & Gettysburg, PA
April 30 (Saturday) – May 3 (Tuesday), 2022
Per person price based on occupancy:
$1,650 Student Quad
$1,835 Adult Double
$2,135 Adult Single
THE DEADLINE TO SIGN UP IS
SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2021.
10% deposit due upon registration
40% payment due November 30, 2021
70% payment due January 31, 2022
100% payment due March 31, 2022
Contracted prices are based on group size of 35 or more paying participants per motor coach (55 passengers max.) If the final number of paying participants totals less than the published price, the itinerary will be renegotiated or trip costs increased accordingly.
Guaranteed Refund Program
When registering for the trip, you have the opportunity to enroll in our Guaranteed Refund Program (GRP) by selecting the additional CFAR coverage at a nominal nonrefundable premium of $20 per traveler. Opting in is the best thing you can do to protect your investment.
The number one question families ask us these days is “How much refund will I receive if needing to cancel, and how can I be guaranteed the maximum refund?” In response, we created the Guaranteed Refund Program (GRP) so that you can remain confident that your investment is protected even if plans change.
For specific details on this program please visit our Guaranteed Refund Program page. If you want to see the estimated nonrefundable amounts based on your trip cost, refer to the Discovery Middle School 2022 GRP document.
- Explore the heart of Capitol Hill, home to the U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress.
- Pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery, the final resting place for hundreds of thousands of brave men and women who sacrificed their lives in the name of our country.
- Visit Mount Vernon, George and Martha Washington’s beautiful home and plantation.
- Nourish your knowledge through the amazing exhibits of the Smithsonian Museums on the National Mall, such as the Natural History Museum, the National Air and Space Museum, and the American History Museum.
- Marvel at D.C.’s must-see memorials: Lincoln, Jefferson, World War II, Martin Luther King Jr., and 9/11 Pentagon Memorial to name a few.
- Visit the Gettysburg Battlefield and follow the events during the three dramatic days in July 1863.
View and Download Your Itinerary
*Your itinerary will evolve as the trip nears and more appointments are confirmed. The itinerary of visits to non-scheduled sites will likely change before and even during your trip. The above link will always provide you with the latest version of the itinerary as it develops.
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
- Airport transfers to/from Discovery Middle School and BNA airport
- Roundtrip air between departure city (Nashville, TN) and destination city (Washington, DC)
- Deluxe motor coach transportation with driver and all transfers (4 days)
- Premium hotel accommodations (3 nights)
- Custom designed itinerary
- Entrance fees to all program sites and day/evening activities
- Full-time professional Academic Expeditions Tour Educator
- All supplemental guiding services
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner)
- All taxes
- All gratuities (Tour Leader and Driver included, additional gratuity for exceptional service always appreciated)
- Private professional hotel night time security (3 nights)
- 24 Hour emergency access number
- Personalized laser engraved luggage tags and name badges with lanyards
- Customized floral wreath for Wreath Laying at Arlington
- Travel Protection Plan providing coverage for Cancellation, Interruption, Missed Connection, Travel Delay, Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, Evacuation, and Baggage Loss/Delay
- Option to add Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) coverage to your insurance plan and enroll in our Guaranteed Refund Program – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% of nonrefundable payments or deposits paid to Academic Expeditions, less any refunds provided
*For full details about the travel protection we offer, visit our Insurance page.
- Airline baggage fees
Bob Burnette, Program Director
Contact: Email Bob / c: +1 917.880.6461
Frequently Asked Questions
Because we care. It’s as simple as that. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and value is the heart of who we are and what we stand for. The level of personalized attention we provide for our groups sets us apart in this industry and is the number one reason why our schools return year after year. Read more on our Why Travel With Us page.
Safety is our highest priority. We work only with the highest quality vendors and will not run a trip if we feel the safety of our clients and guides is compromised. From full-time staff & logistical support, to 24-hr emergency phone access for all travelers, we’ve got you covered. Read more on our Standard Tour Features page.
We understand that circumstances can change. We always attempt to work with our clients individually and find the best solutions for each situation. All details regarding our cancellation terms or substitution are outlined in the Terms and Conditions when registering for your trip online.