St. Hedwig School
East Coast Expedition 2022
Custom Educational Program
Guaranteed Refund Program
5-Day Program: Williamsburg, VA & Washington, DC
Wednesday, April 6 – Sunday, April 10, 2022
Per person price based on occupancy:
$2,100 Student Quad
$2,300 Adult Double
$2,600 Adult Single
$100 deposit required upon registration.
Remaining balance due in installments due on 8/6/21; 10/8/21; 11/5/21; 12/3/21 & 2/4/22.
Contracted prices are based on group size of 30 or more paying participants per motor coach (55 passengers max.) If the final number of paying participants totals less than the published price, the itinerary will be renegotiated or trip costs increased accordingly.
Guaranteed Refund Program
When registering for the trip, you have the opportunity to enroll in our Guaranteed Refund Program (GRP) by selecting the additional CFAR coverage at a nominal nonrefundable premium of $25 per traveler. Opting in is the best thing you can do to protect your investment.
The number one question families ask us these days is “How much refund will I receive if needing to cancel, and how can I be guaranteed the maximum refund?” In response, we created the Guaranteed Refund Program (GRP) so that you can remain confident that your investment is protected even if plans change.
For specific details on this program please visit our Guaranteed Refund Program page. If you want to see the estimated nonrefundable amounts based on your trip cost, refer to the St. Hedwig School 2022 GRP document.
Explore the Nation’s Capital: see the heart of Capitol Hill, home to the U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress; stop to take a picture at the White House; pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery; nourish your knowledge through the amazing exhibits of the Smithsonian Museums on the National Mall; experience the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, a living memorial to the Holocaust; Lincoln’s assassination at Ford’s Theatre; marvel at D.C.’s must-see memorials: Lincoln, Jefferson, World War II, Martin Luther King Jr., Iwo Jima, to name a few; visit Mount Vernon, George and Martha Washington’s beautiful home and plantation.
Relive the experience of America’s first permanent English colony at the Jamestown Settlement.
Experience Colonial Williamsburg first-hand by meeting and talking with the shopkeepers, tradesmen, and everyday citizens; visit trade shops to watch the artisans as they create goods used and sold in the Revolutionary City.
Learn about the life during the American Revolution, the Revolution’s impact on the diverse people of America, and the development of the new nation through the visit of Yorktown.
- Visit Monticello, Thomas Jefferson’s house and plantation.
View and Download Your Itinerary
*Your itinerary will evolve as the trip nears and more appointments are confirmed. The actual order and flow of non-scheduled sites will likely be adapted before and even during your trip. The above link will always provide you with the latest version of the itinerary as it develops.
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
- Round trip air between departure city (Los Angeles, CA) and destination cities (Richmond, VA & Washington DC)
- Deluxe motor coach transportation with driver and all transfers (5 days)
- Airport transfers to/from St. Hedwig School and LAX airport
- Premium hotel accommodations (4 nights)
- Custom designed itinerary
- Full time professional Academic Expeditions tour educator per motor coach (5 days)
- All supplemental guiding services
- Entrance fees to all day and evening program sites and activities as listed on the itinerary
- All meals (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 5 dinners)
- All taxes
- All gratuities (tour leader and driver included)
- Private professional hotel night time security (4 nights)
- 24-hour emergency access number
- Travel Protection Plan providing coverage for Cancellation, Interruption, Missed Connection, Travel Delay, Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, Evacuation, and Baggage Loss/Delay
- Option to add Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) coverage to your insurance plan and enroll in our Guaranteed Refund Program – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% of nonrefundable payments or deposits paid to Academic Expeditions, less any refunds provided
*For full details about the travel protection we offer, visit our Insurance page.
- Souvenirs 🙂
- Any airline baggage fees
Bob Burnette, Program Director
Contact: Email Bob / c: +1 917.880.6461
Bob was born in Savannah, GA and raised in the mountains of Western NC. These areas are both steeped in tourism, so after graduating Mars Hill College with a BA in Business Administration, he became an employee of the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC working for a highly regarded institution in the travel industry. After meeting many colleagues there, he discovered ITMI in San Fransisco and completed training to become a certified guide and tour director. His first work as a professional guide landed him Washington, DC. For over 12 years, Bob has lead tours in the Washington DC area for students and adults. He is an avid lover of history and the Civil War era is his favorite part to speak and read about. In his spare time he enjoys playing guitar and seeing many concerts, traveling extensively (Iceland being his favorite so far), and eating good food wherever it may be. He and his wife Rachel have many adventures together traveling the globe when they can, and also enjoy being at home with their golden retriever Rory and their crazy tuxedo cat Frida.
Frequently Asked Questions
Because we care. It’s as simple as that. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and value is the heart of who we are and what we stand for. The level of personalized attention we provide for our groups sets us apart in this industry and is the number one reason why our schools return year after year. Read more on our Why Travel With Us page.
Safety is our highest priority. We work only with the highest quality vendors and will not run a trip if we feel the safety of our clients and guides is compromised. From full-time staff & logistical support, to 24-hr emergency phone access for all travelers, we’ve got you covered. Read more on our Standard Tour Features page.
We understand that circumstances can change. We always attempt to work with our clients individually and find the best solutions for each situation. All details regarding our cancellation terms or substitution are outlined in the Terms and Conditions when registering for your trip online.