Rowland Schools: US History Expedition 2020
Custom Educational Program
All Inclusive: Meals, Sites, Guides, & Transportation
8-Day Program: Washington, DC, Gettysburg, Amish Country, Philadelphia, New York City
Saturday March 28, 2020 (redeye flight) – Saturday April 4, 2020
Student Quad Occupancy: $2,670 per person
Adult Double Occupancy: $3,030 per person
Adult Single Occupancy: $3,665 per person
Contracted prices are based on group size of 45 or more paying participants per motor coach (55 passengers max)
10% Deposit Due: 10/15/19
Remaining Balance: 3 Equal Payments Due 4 months, 3 months, and 2 months prior to the trip dates
- Explore the Nation’s Capital: see government in action at the U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court, the Library of Congress and at the White House; pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery; visit Mount Vernon, George and Martha Washington’s beautiful estate; see the site of Lincoln’s assassination at Ford’s Theater; nourish your knowledge in the vastness of the Smithsonian Museums on the National Mall; visit the Holocaust Memorial Museum; marvel at must-see Presidential and War Memorials.
- Follow the events of the Civil War at the Battle of Gettysburg.
- Go back in time in Rural Pennsylvania’s Amish Country.
- Experience Philadelphia: visit the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall the Museum of American Revolution, and run up Rocky’s steps!
- Have a taste of the Big Apple: take in the breathtaking views of the Manhattan Skyline on a scenic Hudson River cruise; marvel at the bright lights of Times Square; stroll through the alleys of the green heart of Manhattan, Central Park; make a reverent visit at 9/11 Memorial & Museum; experience the excitement of seeing a Broadway show in Times Square….and more!
View and Download Your Itinerary
*Your itinerary will evolve as the trip nears and more appointments are confirmed. The actual order and flow of non-scheduled sites will likely be adapted before and even during your trip. The above link will always provide you with the latest version of the itinerary as it develops.
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
- Round trip air between departure city (Los Angeles) and destination cities (Washington DC & New York City)
- All airline imposed baggage fees, one checked bag per person
- Deluxe motor coach transportation with driver and all transfers (Gunther Motor coach 7 days)
- Premium hotel accommodations (6 nights total: 3 in Washington DC, 1 in Philadelphia, 2 in New York City)
- Custom designed itinerary
- Entrance fees to all program sites and day/evening activities as listed on the itinerary
- Full time Professional Academic Expeditions tour educator per motor coach (7 Days)
- All supplemental guiding services
- All Meals (7 Breakfast, 7 Lunch, 7 Dinner)
- All taxes
- All gratuities (tour leader and driver included)
- Private professional hotel night time security (6 nights)
- Broadway show in Times Square
- Complete custom educational materials
- Professional Color Photograph of group in Times Square for each participant
- Luggage tags, lanyards and personalized laser imprinted name badges
- Customized trip hoodie sweatshirt
- Complete tour participant accounting, including online registration and credit card payments
- Access to all company professional travel services
- 24 Hour emergency access number
- Comprehensive Accident, Medical, Liability, and Travel Protection / Cancellation / Interruption Insurance
- Cancel for Any Reason Insurance option for $45 – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% refund
Isaiah Mosteller, Director of Education, Program Director and Guide
Contact: Email Isaiah / c: 917-608-3736
While Isaiah grew up in rural Oklahoma, the seeds of curiosity for the larger world were planted in him. In college, he earned a BS in Elementary Education and a Masters in Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management, and found opportunities for the global education of travel and cultural exchange. His experiences abroad include working in the UK, Peace Corps in the Marshall Islands, recreation work in Japan, and cultural explorations of Latin America. Such experiences have inspired him to both plan and guide relevant travel experiences for others. Besides leading trips in Eastern US for 18 years, he has also led trips around Europe and Latin America. Isaiah, his wife Kim and son Walker live in Asheville, NC where they enjoy being outdoors, playing music with friends, and partaking in all the local eccentricities.
Frequently Asked Questions
One important way that clients can save on their trip cost is by booking as early as possible. This allows us to purchase airline tickets and hotels farther in advance and generally results in lower prices that we can pass on to you. Another important way to decrease trip price is to increase the number of travel participants. The more travelers you bring, the better able we are to lower the price.
Because we care. It’s as simple as that. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and value is the heart of who we are and what we stand for. The level of personalized attention we provide for our groups sets us apart in this industry and is the number one reason why our schools return year after year. Read more on our Why Travel With Us page.
Safety is our highest priority. We work only with the highest quality vendors and will not run a trip if we feel the safety of our clients and guides is compromised. From full-time staff & logistical support, to 24-hr emergency phone access for all travelers, we’ve got you covered. Read more on our Standard Tour Features page.
We understand that circumstances can change. We always attempt to work with our clients individually and find the best solutions for each situation. All details regarding our cancellation terms or substitution are outlined in the Terms and Conditions when registering for your trip online. Travel insurance, if included or purchased as an add-on, covers trip cancellation for legitimate emergencies and interruptions. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.