Rochester, MI Family Trip
East Coast Expedition 2021
Custom Educational Program
Guaranteed Refund Program
6-Day Program: Washington DC, Philadelphia, PA & New York City
June 18 (Friday) – June 23 (Wednesday), 2021
Per person price based on occupancy:
$1,495 Student/Adult Quad
$1,595 Student/Adult Triple
$1,795 Student/Adult Double
$2,295 Adult Single
$100 deposit due upon registration.
Remaining balance due in four installments:
10/30/2020 – 25%
12/4/2020 – 50%
2/5/2021 – 75%
4/2/2021 – 100%
Contracted prices are based on group size of 35 or more paying participants per motor coach (55 passengers max.) If the final number of paying participants totals less than the published price, the itinerary will be renegotiated or trip costs increased accordingly.
Receipt of deposit and online registration will confirm space and contracted pricing listed here.
Guaranteed Refund Program
When registering for the trip, you have the opportunity to enroll in our Guaranteed Refund Program (GRP) by selecting the additional CFAR coverage at a nominal nonrefundable premium of $15 per traveler. Opting in is the best thing you can do to protect your investment.
The number one question families ask us these days is “How much refund will I receive if needing to cancel, and how can I be guaranteed the maximum refund?” In response, we created the Guaranteed Refund Program (GRP) so that you can remain confident that your investment is protected even if plans change.
For specific details on this program please visit our Guaranteed Refund Program page. If you want to see the estimated nonrefundable amounts based on your trip cost, refer to the Rochester MI Families East Coast 2021 GRP.
- Have a taste of the Big Apple: take in the breathtaking views of the Manhattan Skyline from the One World Trade Center Observatory; visit the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, the two great symbols of America as the land of opportunity and freedom; marvel at the bright lights of Times Square; stroll through the alleys of the green heart of Manhattan, Central Park; make a reverent visit at 9/11 Memorial & Museum to remember and learn more about the events of September 11, 2001; experience the excitement of seeing a Broadway show.
- Visit Philadelphia: see the Liberty Bell, tour the Independence Hall, explore the dramatic, surprising story of the American Revolution at the Museum of the American Revolution.
- Explore the Nation’s Capital: see the heart of Capitol Hill, home to the U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress; stop to take a picture at the White House; pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery; nourish your knowledge through the amazing exhibits of the Smithsonian Museums on the National Mall; visit the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, a living memorial to the Holocaust; marvel at D.C.’s must-see memorials: Lincoln, Jefferson, World War II, Martin Luther King Jr., Iwo Jima to name a few; visit Mount Vernon, George and Martha Washington’s beautiful home and plantation.
View and Download Your Itinerary
*Your itinerary will evolve as the trip nears and more appointments are confirmed. The actual order and flow of non-scheduled sites will likely be adapted before and even during your trip. The above link will always provide you with the latest version of the itinerary as it develops.
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
- Deluxe motor coach transportation with driver and all transfers (6 days)
- Premium hotel accommodations (4 nights)
- Custom designed itinerary
- Full time professional Academic Expeditions tour educator per motor coach (6 days)
- All supplemental guiding services
- Entrance fees to all day and evening program sites and activities as listed on the itinerary
- New York City Broadway show
- All meals (5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 6 dinners)
- All taxes
- All gratuities (tour leader and driver included)
- Private professional hotel night time security (4 nights)
- 24-hour emergency access number
- Personalized laser imprinted name badges with lanyard and luggage tag
- Travel Protection Plan providing coverage for Cancellation, Interruption, Missed Connection, Travel Delay, Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, Evacuation, and Baggage Loss/Delay
- Option to add Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) coverage to your insurance plan and enroll in our Guaranteed Refund Program – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% of nonrefundable payments or deposits paid to Academic Expeditions, less any refunds provided
*For full details about the travel protection we offer, visit our Insurance page.
- Souvenirs 🙂
Aaron Mertig, Program Director
Contact: Email Aaron / c: +1 917.608.3474
Aaron grew up in very rural northern Wisconsin, an hour south of Lake Superior. He went on to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Education. After teaching middle school Social Studies for six years, he successfully transitioned to tour guiding which became his love. After being a tour director for 10 plus years, which included being a licensed guide in Washington, DC, he was seeking some balance in his life (and so were his four kids and their wiener dog named Oscar). He was excited to join the Academic Expeditions team as a Director of Program Development and share his passion of lifelong learning coupled with his love of traveling. Aaron and his kids currently reside in Hudson, WI, just outside the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Frequently Asked Questions
Because we care. It’s as simple as that. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and value is the heart of who we are and what we stand for. The level of personalized attention we provide for our groups sets us apart in this industry and is the number one reason why our schools return year after year. Read more on our Why Travel With Us page.
Safety is our highest priority. We work only with the highest quality vendors and will not run a trip if we feel the safety of our clients and guides is compromised. From full-time staff & logistical support, to 24-hr emergency phone access for all travelers, we’ve got you covered. Read more on our Standard Tour Features page.
We understand that circumstances can change. We always attempt to work with our clients individually and find the best solutions for each situation. All details regarding our cancellation terms or substitution are outlined in the Terms and Conditions when registering for your trip online.
Have More Questions?
What to Expect