Twality Middle School
East Coast History Expedition 2021
Custom Educational Program
Guaranteed Refund Program
8-Day Program: Washington, DC; Gettysburg, PA; Amish Country; Hershey, PA; Philadelphia, PA & New York City, NY
July 2 (Friday)* – July 10 (Saturday), 2021
*red-eye flight on Friday night
Per person price based on occupancy:
$3,770 Student Quad
$4,070 Adult Double
$4,595 Adult Single
10% deposit due upon registration.
The remaining account balance will be paid in three equal installments: 1/1/2021, 3/1/2021 and 5/1/2021.
Contracted prices are based on group size of 25 or more paying participants per motor coach (55 passengers max.) If the final number of paying participants totals less than the published price, the itinerary will be renegotiated or trip costs increased accordingly.
Guaranteed Refund Program
When registering for the trip, you have the opportunity to enroll in our Guaranteed Refund Program (GRP) by selecting the additional CFAR coverage at a nominal nonrefundable premium of $40 per traveler. Opting in is the best thing you can do to protect your investment.
The number one question families ask us these days is “How much refund will I receive if needing to cancel, and how can I be guaranteed the maximum refund?” In response, we created the Guaranteed Refund Program (GRP) so that you can remain confident that your investment is protected even if plans change.
For specific details on this program please visit our Guaranteed Refund Program page. If you want to see the estimated nonrefundable amounts based on your trip cost, refer to the Twality MS 2021 GRP document.
Explore the Nation’s Capital: see the heart of Capitol Hill, home to the U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress; stop to take a picture at the White House; pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery; visit Mount Vernon, George and Martha Washington’s beautiful home and plantation; nourish your knowledge through the amazing exhibits of the Smithsonian Museums on the National Mall; marvel at D.C.’s must-see monuments: Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, World War II Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and Iwo Jima Memorial to name a few.
Immerse yourself in the incredible history of the Gettysburg battlefield.
Drive through the Amish countryside and learn about the culture and customs of the Pennsylvania Dutch.
- Immerse yourself in Hershey’s Chocolate World.
Experience Philadelphia: see the Liberty Bell and Ben Franklin’s gravesite & Printshop; visit the Independence Hall and the National Constitution Center; walk through Elfreth’s Alley, the nation’s oldest continuously inhabited residential street.
Have a taste of the Big Apple: take in the breathtaking views of the Manhattan Skyline from the Top of the Rock observation deck; visit the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, the two great symbols of America as the land of opportunity and freedom; make a reverent visit at the 9/11 Memorial to remember and learn more about the events of September 11, 2001; marvel at the bright lights of Times Square; experience the excitement of seeing a Broadway show.
View and Download Your Itinerary
*Your itinerary will evolve as the trip nears and more appointments are confirmed. The itinerary of visits to non-scheduled sites will likely change before and even during your trip. The above link will always provide you with the latest version of the itinerary as it develops.
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
- Roundtrip air between departure city (Portland, OR) and destination cities (Washington, DC & New York City, NY)
- Deluxe motor coach transportation with driver and all transfers for all days of the trip
- Premium hotel accommodations for all nights of the trip
- Private professional hotel nighttime security for all hotel nights
- Full-time professional Academic Expeditions tour educator per motor coach for all days of the trip
- All supplemental guiding services
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner)
- Custom designed itinerary
- All taxes
- All gratuities (tour leader and driver included; additional gratuity for exceptional service is always appreciated)
- Entrance fees to all program sites and day/evening activities
- 24 Hour emergency access number
- Personalized laser engraved luggage tag and name badges with lanyards
- Travel Protection Plan providing coverage for Cancellation, Interruption, Missed Connection, Travel Delay, Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, Evacuation, and Baggage Loss/Delay
- Option to add Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) coverage to your insurance plan and enroll in our Guaranteed Refund Program – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% of nonrefundable payments or deposits paid to Academic Expeditions, less any refunds provided
*For full details about the travel protection we offer, visit our Insurance page.
- Airline baggage fees
- Souvenirs 🙂
Tracy Roderick, Program Director
Contact: Email Tracy / c: +1 917-608-3745
Tracy was born in Washington, DC and now resides in quiet Chesapeake Beach, Maryland which is just a short drive to our nation’s capital. Tracy started out in the group travel industry right out of high school by working at her family-owned motor coach company. Working her way up the ladder she became the operations manager and after 22 years she decided to pursue her love of Washington and American history by becoming a DC tour guide. She loves sharing her love of history and the city with groups of all ages! When she is not guiding, you will find her at home with her sweet Golden Retrievers, Kirby & Murph.
Frequently Asked Questions
Because we care. It’s as simple as that. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and value is the heart of who we are and what we stand for. The level of personalized attention we provide for our groups sets us apart in this industry and is the number one reason why our schools return year after year. Read more on our Why Travel With Us page.
Safety is our highest priority. We work only with the highest quality vendors and will not run a trip if we feel the safety of our clients and guides is compromised. From full-time staff & logistical support, to 24-hr emergency phone access for all travelers, we’ve got you covered. Read more on our Standard Tour Features page.
We understand that circumstances can change. We always attempt to work with our clients individually and find the best solutions for each situation. All details regarding our cancellation terms or substitution are outlined in the Terms and Conditions when registering for your trip online.