Bennington Elementary 2023
Expedition: 4 Days – Washington DC & Colonial VA
Travel Protection Plan
Exploring our Deep and Diverse Roots
Walk in Historic Footsteps
Profiles in Leadership
Weds. April 5, 2023
Sat. April 8, 2023
Per Person by Room Occupancy
$1,500 Student Quad
$1,670 Adult Double
$1,930 Adult Single
10% Initial Deposit
30% due on 08/08/22
50% due 10/03/22
75% due 12/05/22
100% due 02/06/23
Travelers will be added to the trip roster upon completion of online registration and receipt of deposit payment. Contracted prices are based on a group size of 35 or more paying participants per motor coach (55 passengers max).
For our cancellation policy and other agreements related to your trip, please visit our Terms & Conditions page. Our Travel Protection Plan may allow for additional reimbursements in the unexpected event of trip cancellation, interruption, or medical needs (See our Insurance page).
These Terms & Conditions, as well as the details and availability of Travel Protection Plans are covered in the course of the online registration process.
View and Download your Trip Itinerary
*Your itinerary will evolve as the trip nears and more appointments are confirmed. The actual order and flow of non-scheduled sites will likely be adapted before and even during your trip. The above link will always provide you with the latest version of the itinerary as it develops.
– Explore the Nation’s Capital; see the heart of Capitol Hill, home to the U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress.; stop to take a picture at the White House; follow the events leading to Lincoln’s assassination with a tour of Ford’s Theatre; visit Mount Vernon, George and Martha Washington’s beautiful home and plantation; pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery, and see the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Nourish your knowledge through the amazing exhibits of the Smithsonian Museums on the National Mall, with visits to the Natural History Museum, American History Museum, Air & Space Museum, the National Museum of African American History and Culture, and the Holocaust Memorial Museum; Marvel at D.C.’s must-see memorials: Lincoln, Jefferson, World War II, Martin Luther King Jr., and Iwo Jima to name a few.
– Discover Jamestown Settlement and the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown in person. Experience Colonial Williamsburg first-hand by meeting and talking with the shopkeepers, tradesmen, and everyday citizens; visit trade shops to watch the artisans as they create goods used and sold in the Revolutionary City.
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
- Roundtrip air between departure city and destination cities (Omaha and Washington, DC) Airfare is based currently on estimates, price is subject to change. If price increases or decreases trip cost will fluctuate as needed.
- Airline baggage fees (1 checked bag per person roundtrip only if using Southwest)
- Motorcoach transfer to and from Omaha airport
- Deluxe motor coach transportation with driver and all transfers for all days of the trip
- Premium hotel accommodations for all nights of the trip
- Private professional hotel nighttime security for all hotel nights
- Full-time professional Academic Expeditions tour educator per motor coach for all days of the trip
- All supplemental guiding services
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner)
- Custom designed itinerary
- All taxes
- All gratuities (tour leader and driver included; additional gratuity for exceptional service is always appreciated)
- Entrance fees to all program sites and day/evening activities
- 24 Hour emergency access number
- Personalized laser engraved luggage tag and name badges with lanyards
- Complete tour participant accounting including electronic online registration and payment with credit card without additional fees
- Travel Protection Base Plan providing coverage for Cancellation, Interruption, Missed Connection, Travel Delay, Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, Evacuation, and Baggage Loss/Delay
- Option to add Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) benefit to your insurance plan – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% of nonrefundable payments or deposits paid to Academic Expeditions
Bennington Elementary 2023
Safe & Easy Booking and Payments
24 Hour Trip Support
Accredited Academic Educational Provider
Meet Your Academic Expeditions Program Director
Bob was raised in the mountains of Western NC. After graduating Mars Hill College with a BA in Business Administration, he got started in tourism working at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC which led to ITMI in San Fransisco and becoming a certified guide and tour director. His first work as a professional guide landed him Washington, DC. For over 12 years, Bob has lead tours in the Washington DC area for students and adults. He is an avid lover of history and the Civil War era is his favorite part to speak and read about. In his spare time he enjoys playing guitar and seeing many shows and concerts, traveling extensively (Iceland being his favorite so far), and eating good food wherever it may be. He and wife Rachel have many adventures together traveling the globe whenever they can, and also enjoy being at home with their young daughter Ruby and golden retriever Rory and their crazy tuxedo cat Frida.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why travel with Academic Expeditions?
Because we care. It’s as simple as that. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and value is the heart of who we are and what we stand for. The level of personalized attention we provide for our groups sets us apart in this industry and is the number one reason why our schools return year after year. Read more on our Why Travel With Us page.
How do you provide safety and security during your trips?
Safety is our highest priority. We work only with the highest quality vendors and will not run a trip if we feel the safety of our clients and guides is compromised. From full-time staff & logistical support, to 24-hr emergency phone access for all travelers, we’ve got you covered. Read more on our Standard Tour Features page.
What if I need to cancel my trip, or substitute another traveler?
We understand that circumstances can change. We always attempt to work with our clients individually and find the best solutions for each situation. All details regarding our cancellation terms or substitution are outlined in the Terms and Conditions when registering for your trip online.
Have More Questions?
What to Expect?
Check out this video highlighting the people and places that comprise an Academic Expedition!