P.J. Jacobs 2023
Expedition: 6 Days – Washington DC, Philadelphia, Gettysburg & Colonial Virginia
Travel Protection Plan
Walk in Historic Footsteps
Profiles in Leadership
Exploring our Deep and Diverse Roots
Quest for a Sustainable Independence
A New Birth of Freedom
Weds. March 8, 2023
Mon. March 13, 2023
Per Person by Room Occupancy
$1,935 Student Quad
$2,145 Adult Double
$2,510 Adult Single
10% Initial Deposit
30% due by 7/8/22
50% due by 9/9/22
75% due by 11/11/22
100% due by 1/6/23
Travelers will be added to the trip roster upon completion of online registration and receipt of deposit payment. Contracted prices are based on an estimate of expected airfare prices which are not yet finalized as of 4/20/22, and group size of 35 or more paying participants per motor coach (55 passengers max). Once airfare prices and the number of paying participants per bus have been settled, the trip costs, and/or itinerary will be adjusted accordingly.
For our cancellation policy and other agreements related to your trip, please visit our Terms & Conditions page. Our Travel Protection Plan may allow for additional reimbursements in the unexpected event of trip cancellation, interruption, or medical needs (See our Insurance page).
These Terms & Conditions, as well as the details and availability of Travel Protection Plans are covered in the course of the online registration process.
View and Download your Trip Itinerary
*Your itinerary will evolve as the trip nears and more appointments are confirmed. The actual order and flow of non-scheduled sites will likely be adapted before and even during your trip. The above link will always provide you with the latest version of the itinerary as it develops.
– Begin your expedition where our Independence began in Philadelphia with a visit to Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. Then continue into the Pennsylvania countryside with a with a visit to Gettysburg Battlefield, the largest battle of the Civil War and the turning point during our Nation’s toughest trial while striving to live up to our founding ideals.
– Explore the United States Capitol, Library of Congress and Supreme Court in Washington DC. Stop to take a picture at the White House; pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery, and witness the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Nourish your knowledge through the amazing exhibits of the Smithsonian Museums on the National Mall. Marvel at D.C.’s must-see Memorials: Lincoln, Jefferson, World War II, Martin Luther King Jr., and Iwo Jima to name a few. Visit George Washington’s home Mount Vernon.
– Visit our nation’s colonial beginning at Jamestown and Williamsburg Virginia. Relive the struggles toward Independence and national expansion at Monticello, Thomas Jefferson’s Home.
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
- Roundtrip air between departure city and destination cities (Milwaukee, WI to Washington, DC. Baltimore MD to Milwaukee, WI. Prices currently based on flight estimates.
- Airport transfer by Lamers Bus to and from MKE airport
- Airline baggage fees (included if Southwest flight, if not will discuss at a later time)
- Deluxe motor coach transportation with driver and all transfers for all days of the trip
- Premium hotel accommodations for all nights of the trip
- Private professional hotel nighttime security for all hotel nights
- Full-time professional Academic Expeditions tour educator per motor coach for all days of the trip
- All supplemental guiding services
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner)
- Custom designed itinerary
- All taxes
- All gratuities (tour leader and driver included; additional gratuity for exceptional service is always appreciated)
- Entrance fees to all program sites and day/evening activities
- 24 Hour emergency access number
- Personalized laser engraved luggage tag and name badges with lanyards
- Complete tour participant accounting including electronic online registration and payment with credit card without additional fees
- Travel Protection Plan providing coverage for Cancellation, Interruption, Missed Connection, Travel Delay, Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, Evacuation, and Baggage Loss/Delay
- Option to add Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) benefit to your insurance plan – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% of nonrefundable payments or deposits.
P.J. Jacobs 2023
Safe & Easy Booking and Payments
24 Hour Trip Support
Accredited Academic Educational Provider
Meet Your Academic Expeditions Program Director
Bob was raised in the mountains of Western NC. After graduating Mars Hill College with a BA in Business Administration, he got started in tourism working at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC which led to ITMI in San Fransisco and becoming a certified guide and tour director. His first work as a professional guide landed him Washington, DC. For over 12 years, Bob has lead tours in the Washington DC area for students and adults. He is an avid lover of history and the Civil War era is his favorite part to speak and read about. In his spare time he enjoys playing guitar and seeing many shows and concerts, traveling extensively (Iceland being his favorite so far), and eating good food wherever it may be. He and wife Rachel have many adventures together traveling the globe whenever they can, and also enjoy being at home with their young daughter Ruby and golden retriever Rory and their crazy tuxedo cat Frida.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why travel with Academic Expeditions?
Because we care. It’s as simple as that. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and value is the heart of who we are and what we stand for. The level of personalized attention we provide for our groups sets us apart in this industry and is the number one reason why our schools return year after year. Read more on our Why Travel With Us page.
How do you provide safety and security during your trips?
Safety is our highest priority. We work only with the highest quality vendors and will not run a trip if we feel the safety of our clients and guides is compromised. From full-time staff & logistical support, to 24-hr emergency phone access for all travelers, we’ve got you covered. Read more on our Standard Tour Features page.
What if I need to cancel my trip, or substitute another traveler?
We understand that circumstances can change. We always attempt to work with our clients individually and find the best solutions for each situation. All details regarding our cancellation terms or substitution are outlined in the Terms and Conditions when registering for your trip online.
Have More Questions?
What to Expect?
Check out this video highlighting the people and places that comprise an Academic Expedition!