Sarah Banks Middle School 2023
Expedition: 3 Days – Washington DC
Travel Protection Plan
Walk in Historic Footsteps
Profiles in Leadership
start: Weds. May 17, 2023
end: Fri. May 19, 2023
$825 Student Quad Occupancy* (subject to change based on traveler headcount)
$100 Initial Deposit
20% due 8/5/2022, 30% due 9/2/2022, 40% due 10/7/2022, 50% due 11/4/2022, 60% due 12/2/2022, 70% due 1/6/2023, 80% due 2/3/2023, Paid in full due 3/3/2023
Travelers will be added to the trip roster upon completion of online registration and receipt of deposit payment. * Contracted price above is based on a group size of at least 36 – 39 paying participants on average per motor coach. If the final average number of paying travelers is greater, the final price will be adjusted accordingly:
40-43 Paying travelers per Bus – $795
44-47 Paying travelers per Bus – $765
48 or more Paying travelers per Bus (55 passengers max) – $735
For our cancellation policy and other agreements related to your trip, please visit our Terms & Conditions page. Our Travel Protection Plan may allow for additional reimbursements in the unexpected event of trip cancellation, interruption, or medical needs (See our Insurance page).
These Terms & Conditions, as well as the details and availability of Travel Protection Plans are covered in the course of the online registration process.
View and Download your Trip Itinerary
*Your itinerary will evolve as the trip nears and more appointments are confirmed. The actual order and flow of non-scheduled sites will likely be adapted before and even during your trip. The above link will always provide you with the latest version of the itinerary as it develops.
– Explore the Nation’s Capital; see the heart of Capitol Hill, home to the U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress.; stop to take a picture at the White House; follow the events leading to Lincoln’s assassination with a tour of Ford’s Theatre; visit Mount Vernon, George and Martha Washington’s beautiful home and plantation; pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery, and see the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Nourish your knowledge through the amazing exhibits of the Smithsonian Museums on the National Mall, with visits to the Natural History Museum, American History Museum, Air & Space Museum, the National Museum of African American History and Culture, and the Holocaust Memorial Museum; Marvel at D.C.’s must-see memorials: Lincoln, Jefferson, World War II, Martin Luther King Jr., and Iwo Jima to name a few.
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
- Deluxe motor coach transportation with driver and all transfers for all days of the trip
- Premium hotel accommodations for all nights of the trip
- Private professional hotel nighttime security for all hotel nights
- Full-time professional Academic Expeditions tour educator per motor coach
- All supplemental guiding services
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner)
- Custom designed itinerary
- All taxes
- All gratuities (tour leader and driver included
- Entrance fees to all program sites and day/evening activities
- 24 Hour emergency access number
- Personalized laser engraved luggage tag and name badges with lanyards
- Complete tour participant accounting including electronic online registration and payment with credit card without additional fees
- Travel Protection Plan providing coverage for Cancellation, Interruption, Missed Connection, Travel Delay, Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, Evacuation, and Baggage Loss/Delay
- Option to add Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) benefit to your insurance plan and enroll in our Guaranteed Refund Program – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% of nonrefundable payments or deposits paid to Academic Expeditions.
Sarah Banks Middle School 2023
Safe & Easy Booking and Payments
24 Hour Trip Support
Accredited Academic Educational Provider
Meet Your Academic Expeditions Program Director
Aaron Mertig | Program Director, Guide | Email Aaron
Aaron grew up in very rural northern Wisconsin, an hour south of Lake Superior. He went on to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Education. After teaching middle school Social Studies for six years, he successfully transitioned to tour guiding which became his love. After being a tour director for 10 plus years, which included being a licensed guide in Washington, DC, he was seeking some balance in his life (and so were his four kids and their wiener dog named Oscar). He was excited to join the Academic Expeditions team as a Director of Program Development and share his passion of lifelong learning coupled with his love of traveling. Aaron and his kids currently reside in Hudson, WI, just outside the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why travel with Academic Expeditions?
Because we care. It’s as simple as that. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and value is the heart of who we are and what we stand for. The level of personalized attention we provide for our groups sets us apart in this industry and is the number one reason why our schools return year after year. Read more on our Why Travel With Us page.
How do you provide safety and security during your trips?
Safety is our highest priority. We work only with the highest quality vendors and will not run a trip if we feel the safety of our clients and guides is compromised. From full-time staff & logistical support, to 24-hr emergency phone access for all travelers, we’ve got you covered. Read more on our Standard Tour Features page.
What if I need to cancel my trip, or substitute another traveler?
We understand that circumstances can change. We always attempt to work with our clients individually and find the best solutions for each situation. All details regarding our cancellation terms or substitution are outlined in the Terms and Conditions when registering for your trip online.
Have More Questions?
What to Expect?
Check out this video highlighting the people and places that comprise an Academic Expedition!