Tyngsborough Middle School 2023
Expedition: 5 Days, Washington DC & New York City
Travel Protection Plan
Walk in Historic Footsteps
Profiles in Leadership
The Great American Melting Pot
Monday, April 10, 2023
Friday, April 14, 2023
Per by Room Occupancy
$1,260 Student Quad
(+ optional Cancel For Any Reason Insurance)
10% Deposit due upon Registration
Remainder in monthly installments July 2022 to January 2023
Contracted prices are based on group size of 45 or more paying participants per motor coach (55 passengers max on each.) Travelers will be added to the trip roster upon completion of online registration and receipt of deposit payment.
For our cancellation policy and other agreements related to your trip, please visit our Terms & Conditions page. Our Travel Protection Plan may allow for additional reimbursements in the unexpected event of trip cancellation, interruption, or medical needs (See our Insurance page).
These Terms & Conditions, as well as the details and availability of Travel Protection Plans are covered in the course of the online registration process.
View and Download your Trip Itinerary
*Your itinerary will evolve as the trip nears and more appointments are confirmed. The actual order and flow of non-scheduled sites will likely be adapted before and even during your trip. The above link will always provide you with the latest version of the itinerary as it develops.
- Explore the heart of Capitol Hill, home to the U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress.
- Pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery, the final resting place for hundreds of thousands of brave men and women who sacrificed their lives in the name of our country.
- Visit Mount Vernon, George and Martha Washington’s beautiful home and plantation.
- Nourish your knowledge through the amazing exhibits of the Smithsonian Institution on the National Mall, with visits to the Natural History Museum, American History Museum, Air & Space Museum, and the National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- Experience the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, a living memorial to the Holocaust.
- Marvel at D.C.’s must-see memorials: Lincoln, Jefferson, World War II, Martin Luther King Jr., and Iwo Jima to name a few.
- Hear ghost stories, legends and folklore walking through Old Town Alexandria.
- Visit the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, the two great symbols of America as the land of opportunity and freedom.
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
- Roundtrip transportation between Tyngsborough, MA and destination cities (Washington DC and NYC)
- Deluxe motor coach transportation with driver and all transfers for all days of the trip
- Premium hotel accommodations for all nights of the trip
- Private professional hotel nighttime security for all hotel nights
- Full-time professional Academic Expeditions tour educator per motor coach for all days of the trip
- All supplemental guiding services
- All meals (4 Breakfast, 4 Lunch, & 5 Dinner)
- Custom designed itinerary
- All taxes
- All gratuities (tour leader and driver included; additional gratuity for exceptional service is always appreciated)
- Entrance fees to all program sites and day/evening activities
- 24 Hour emergency access number
- Personalized laser engraved luggage tag and name badges with lanyards
- Complete tour participant accounting including electronic online registration and payment with credit card without additional fees
- Travel Protection Base Plan providing coverage for Cancellation, Interruption, Missed Connection, Travel Delay, Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, Evacuation, and Baggage Loss/Delay
- Option to add Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) benefit to your insurance plan – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% of nonrefundable payments or deposits paid to Academic Expeditions, less the CFAR premium
Tyngsborough Middle School 2023
Safe & Easy Booking and Payments
24 Hour Trip Support
Accredited Academic Educational Provider
Meet Your Academic Expeditions Program Director
Adrian Da Silva | Program Director, Guide | Email Adrian
Adrian was born and raised in Hong Kong. With a BSEE and an MBA, he spent time working as a software engineer in Silicon Valley. He spent 2 years traveling around the world, and that love of travel eventually led him to becoming a tour guide. In addition to being ITMI certified, and having both DC and NYC guide licenses, he also speaks 3 languages. In his spare time, you’ll find him helping out at his parish church, hiking, reading, and designing escape room experiences. He’ll also be searching for the best places for ice cream, chocolate, candy, and bubble tea!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why travel with Academic Expeditions?
Because we care. It’s as simple as that. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and value is the heart of who we are and what we stand for. The level of personalized attention we provide for our groups sets us apart in this industry and is the number one reason why our schools return year after year. Read more on our Why Travel With Us page.
How do you provide safety and security during your trips?
Safety is our highest priority. We work only with the highest quality vendors and will not run a trip if we feel the safety of our clients and guides is compromised. From full-time staff & logistical support, to 24-hr emergency phone access for all travelers, we’ve got you covered. Read more on our Standard Tour Features page.
What if I need to cancel my trip, or substitute another traveler?
We understand that circumstances can change. We always attempt to work with our clients individually and find the best solutions for each situation. All details regarding our cancellation terms or substitution are outlined in the Terms and Conditions when registering for your trip online.
Have More Questions?
What to Expect?
Check out this video highlighting the people and places that comprise an Academic Expedition!