Tyngsborough Middle School: Washington, DC & New York City 2020
Custom Educational Program
5-Day Program: Washington, DC & New York City, NY
April 13 (Monday) – April 17 (Friday), 2020
Student Quad Occupancy: $960 per person
A 10% deposit is required to hold a spot on the schools roster upon registration and we also encourage guests to keep their payments to as few as convenience allows.
Your school has requested the balance to be paid in 7 installments, with the last installment to be paid 2 months prior to the trip.
We do require that all payments are made in full 60 calendar days prior to the trip departure date.
Receipt of deposit and online registration will confirm space and contracted pricing listed here. Contracted prices are based on the number of participants per motor coach (55 passengers max).
- Explore the heart of Capitol Hill, home to the U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress.
- Pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery, the final resting place for hundreds of thousands of brave men and women who sacrificed their lives in the name of our country.
- Visit Mount Vernon, George and Martha Washington’s beautiful home and plantation.
- Nourish your knowledge through the amazing exhibits of the Smithsonian Institution on the National Mall, with visits to the Natural History Museum, American History Museum, Air & Space Museum, and the National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- Experience the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, a living memorial to the Holocaust.
- Marvel at D.C.’s must-see memorials: Lincoln, Jefferson, World War II, Martin Luther King Jr., and Iwo Jima to name a few.
- Hear ghost stories, legends and folklore walking through Old Town Alexandria.
- Dine, dance and experience DC from a new perspective with a cruise on the Potomac river.
- Visit the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, the two great symbols of America as the land of opportunity and freedom.
View and Download Your Itinerary
*Your itinerary will evolve as the trip nears and more appointments are confirmed. The actual order and flow of non-scheduled sites will likely be adapted before and even during your trip. The above link will always provide you with the latest version of the itinerary as it develops.
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
- Deluxe motor coach transportation with driver and all transfers
- Premium hotel accommodations – Fairfield Marriott Alexandria
- Private professional hotel night time security
- Custom designed itinerary
- Entrance fees to all program sites and day/evening activities as listed on the itinerary
- Full-time professional Academic Expeditions tour educator per motor coach
- All supplemental guiding services
- All meals
- All taxes
- All gratuities (tour leader and driver included)
- 24-hour emergency access number
- Personalized laser engraved luggage tags and name badges with lanyards
- Complete tour participant accounting including electronic online registration and credit card payment
- Comprehensive Accident, Medical, Liability, and Travel Protection/Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Cancel for Any Reason Insurance available – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% refund
- Souvenirs 🙂
Adrian DaSilva, Program Director & Guide
Contact: Email Adrian / c: 917-525-9066
Adrian was born and raised in Hong Kong. With a BSEE and an MBA, he spent time working as a software engineer in Silicon Valley. In between software jobs, he spent 2 years traveling around the US and the world, and that love of travel eventually led him to becoming a tour guide. In addition to being ITMI certified, and having both a DC and NYC guide license, he also speaks 3 languages. His travel experiences on tour include the Eastern Seaboard, the National Parks, the Western US, and Canada. In his spare time, you’ll find him helping out at his parish church, hiking, reading, and looking for the best places for ice cream, chocolate, candy, and bubble tea!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why travel with Academic Expeditions?
Because we care. It’s as simple as that. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and value is the heart of who we are and what we stand for. The level of personalized attention we provide for our groups sets us apart in this industry and is the number one reason why our schools return year after year. Read more on our Why Travel With Us page.
How do you provide security and safety on your trips?
Safety is our highest priority. We work only with the highest quality vendors and will not run a trip if we feel the safety of our clients and guides is compromised. From full-time staff & logistical support, to 24-hr emergency phone access for all travelers, we’ve got you covered. Read more on our Standard Tour Features page.
What if I need to cancel my trip or substitute someone in my place?
We understand that circumstances can change. We always attempt to work with our clients individually and find the best solutions for each situation. All details regarding our cancellation terms or substitution are outlined in the Terms and Conditions when registering for your trip online. Travel insurance, if included or purchased as an add-on, covers trip cancellation for legitimate emergencies and interruptions. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.