Decatur Middle School: Washington, DC 2020
Custom Educational Program
5-Day Program: Washington, DC
June 3 (Wednesday) – June 7 (Sunday), 2020
Student Quad Occupancy: $760 per person
Adult Double Occupancy: $910 per person
Adult Single Occupancy: $1,110 per person
Adult Triple Occupancy: $835 per person (3 Adults, 2 Beds) If you choose this option, please have two other adults register for Triple as well.
$100 Deposit Due upon Registration. Remaining balance due in four installments: 10/3/19, 12/3/19, 2/3/20, 4/3/20.
Contracted prices are based on group size of 35 or more paying participants per motor coach (55 passengers max.) If the final number of paying participants totals less than the published price, the itinerary will be renegotiated or trip costs increased accordingly.
Receipt of deposit and online registration will confirm space and contracted pricing listed here.
- See the heart of Capitol Hill, home to the U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress.
- Stop to take a picture at the most notable symbol of the presidency, the White House.
- Pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery, the final resting place for hundreds of thousands of brave men and women who sacrificed their lives in the name of our country.
- Visit Mount Vernon, George and Martha Washington’s beautiful home and plantation.
- Experience the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, a living memorial to the Holocaust.
- Nourish your knowledge through the amazing exhibits of the Smithsonian Institution on the National Mall, such as the Natural History Museum, the National Air and Space Museum, and the American History Museum.
- Follow the events of Lincoln’s assassination at Ford’s Theatre.
- Marvel at D.C.’s must-see monuments: Lincoln Memorial, World War II Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and Iwo Jima Memorial to name a few.
- Dine, dance and experience DC from a new perspective with a cruise on the Potomac river.
- Explore Monticello, Thomas Jefferson’s house and plantation.
View and Download Your Itinerary
*Your itinerary will evolve as the trip nears and more appointments are confirmed. The itinerary of visits to non-scheduled sites will likely change before and even during your trip. The above link will always provide you with the latest version of the itinerary as it develops.
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
Deluxe motor coach transportation with driver and all transfers (5 days)
- Premium hotel accommodations (2 nights)
- Custom designed itinerary
- Entrance fees to all program sites and day/evening activities
- Full-time Professional Academic Expeditions Tour Educator
- All supplemental guiding services
- All Meals (3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners)
- All taxes
- All gratuities (Tour Leader and Driver included, additional gratuity for exceptional service always appreciated)
- Private professional hotel night time security (2 nights)
- 24 Hour emergency access number
- Complete custom educational materials
- Personalized laser engraved luggage tags and name badges with lanyards
- Customized Floral wreath for Wreath Laying at Arlington
- Trip Insurance (Comprehensive Accident, Medical, Liability, and Travel Protection/Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, including Cancel for Any Reason Insurance – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% refund)
Aaron Mertig, Program Director
Contact: Email Aaron / c: 917-608-3474
Aaron grew up in very rural northern Wisconsin, an hour south of Lake Superior. He went on to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Education. After teaching middle school social studies for six years, he successfully transitioned to tour guiding which became his love. After being a tour director for 10 plus years, which included being a licensed guide in Washington, DC, he was seeking some balance in his life (and so were his four kids and their wiener dog named Oscar). He was excited to join the Academic Expeditions team as Director of Program Development and share his passion of lifelong learning coupled with his love of traveling. Aaron and his kids currently reside in Hudson, WI, just outside the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Frequently Asked Questions
Because we care. It’s as simple as that. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and value is the heart of who we are and what we stand for. The level of personalized attention we provide for our groups sets us apart in this industry and is the number one reason why our schools return year after year. Read more on our Why Travel With Us page.
Safety is our highest priority. We work only with the highest quality vendors and will not run a trip if we feel the safety of our clients and guides is compromised. From full-time staff & logistical support, to 24-hr emergency phone access for all travelers, we’ve got you covered. Read more on our Standard Tour Features page.
We understand that circumstances can change. We always attempt to work with our clients individually and find the best solutions for each situation. All details regarding our cancellation terms or substitution are outlined in the Terms and Conditions when registering for your trip online. Travel insurance, if included or purchased as an add-on, covers trip cancellation for legitimate emergencies and interruptions. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.