Baker Middle School
Philadelphia, PA & Washington, DC Expedition 2022
Custom Educational Program
Guaranteed Refund Program
4-Day Program: Philadelphia, PA & Washington, DC
February 18 (Friday) – February 22 (Tuesday), 2022
Per person price based on occupancy:
$755.00 Student Quad
$100 Deposit Due upon registration
Remaining balance due in the following installments: 6/18/21; 8/6/21; 10/1/21; 11/5/21; 12/3/21 and 1/7/22.
Contracted prices are based on group size of 35 or more paying participants per motor coach (55 passengers max.) If the final number of paying participants totals less than the published price, the itinerary will be renegotiated or trip costs increased accordingly.
Receipt of deposit and online registration will confirm space and contracted pricing listed here.
Guaranteed Refund Program
When registering for the trip, you have the opportunity to enroll in our Guaranteed Refund Program (GRP) by selecting the additional CFAR coverage at a nominal nonrefundable premium of $10 per traveler. Opting in is the best thing you can do to protect your investment.
The number one question families ask us these days is “How much refund will I receive if needing to cancel, and how can I be guaranteed the maximum refund?” In response, we created the Guaranteed Refund Program (GRP) so that you can remain confident that your investment is protected even if plans change.
For specific details on this program please visit our Guaranteed Refund Program page. If you want to see the estimated nonrefundable amounts based on your trip cost, refer to the Baker Middle School 2022 GRP document.
- Experience Philadelphia: see the Liberty Bell and Ben Franklin’s gravesite & Printshop; visit Independence Hall and the Museum of the American Revolution.
- Explore the heart of Capitol Hill, home to the U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress.
- Pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery, the final resting place for hundreds of thousands of brave men and women who sacrificed their lives in the name of our country.
- Visit Mount Vernon, George and Martha Washington’s beautiful home and plantation.
- Nourish your knowledge through the amazing exhibits of the Smithsonian Institution on the National Mall, with visits to the Natural History Museum, the American History Museum, and the National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- Marvel at D.C.’s must-see monuments: Lincoln Memorial, World War II Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and Iwo Jima Memorial to name a few.
View and Download Your Itinerary
*Your itinerary will evolve as the trip nears and more appointments are confirmed. The itinerary of visits to non-scheduled sites will likely change before and even during your trip. The above link will always provide you with the latest version of the itinerary as it develops.
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
- Deluxe motor coach transportation with driver and all transfers
- Premium hotel accommodations (2 nights)
- Custom designed itinerary
- Entrance fees to all program sites and day/evening activities
- Full-time Professional Academic Expeditions Tour Educator
- All supplemental guiding services
- All Meals (3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners)
- All taxes
- All gratuities (Tour Leader and Driver included, additional gratuity for exceptional service always appreciated)
- Private professional hotel night time security (2 nights)
- 24 Hour emergency access number
- Personalized laser engraved luggage tags and name badges with lanyards
- Customized Floral wreath for Wreath Laying at Arlington
- Travel Protection Plan providing coverage for Cancellation, Interruption, Missed Connection, Travel Delay, Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, Evacuation, and Baggage Loss/Delay
- Option to add Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) coverage to your insurance plan and enroll in our Guaranteed Refund Program – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% of nonrefundable payments or deposits paid to Academic Expeditions, less any refunds provided
*For full details about the travel protection we offer, visit our Insurance page.
Aaron Mertig, Program Director
Contact: Email Aaron / c: +1 917.608.3474
Aaron grew up in very rural northern Wisconsin, an hour south of Lake Superior. He went on to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Education. After teaching middle school social studies for six years, he successfully transitioned to tour guiding which became his love. After being a tour director for 10 plus years, which included being a licensed guide in Washington, DC, he was seeking some balance in his life (and so were his four kids and their weiner dog named Oscar). He was excited to join the Academic Expeditions team as Director of Program Development and share his passion of lifelong learning coupled with his love of traveling. Aaron and his kids currently reside in Hudson, WI, just outside the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Frequently Asked Questions
Because we care. It’s as simple as that. Our commitment to quality, integrity, and value is the heart of who we are and what we stand for. The level of personalized attention we provide for our groups sets us apart in this industry and is the number one reason why our schools return year after year. Read more on our Why Travel With Us page.
Safety is our highest priority. We work only with the highest quality vendors and will not run a trip if we feel the safety of our clients and guides is compromised. From full-time staff & logistical support, to 24-hr emergency phone access for all travelers, we’ve got you covered. Read more on our Standard Tour Features page.
We understand that circumstances can change. We always attempt to work with our clients individually and find the best solutions for each situation. All details regarding our cancellation terms or substitution are outlined in the Terms and Conditions when registering for your trip online.